Tuesday, September 20, 2016

The trials and tribulations of working retail

My job working retail in a shopping mall can be very interesting.  Some days when I'm at work the shoppers are super nice, however other days I'm thinking that someone unlocked the gates of the loony bin. People are certainly interesting. (Once again as I said, most of them are reasonable and nice).  The shoppers that really get to me are the ones that are yacking on their cell phones and trying to explain to me what they are looking for. I have a hard time trying to figure out when they are talking to me or the person on the other end of the phone, and not only that, its rude!


It seems as though we live in a microwave world. Everyone wants to always be the first in line and receive all that they want instantly. What happened to the days we were patient and didn't mind waiting our turn? Maybe we are all too busy working all of the time to wait, or maybe we are all too busy on our cell phones to notice.

When I go out and go shopping, which isn't very often, I wait my turn and I don't complain. I never use the self check out, thinking that it takes away jobs and I always smile and thank the clerk.

I had off the other day and went to the grocery store, the line at the check out was long, the lady behind me was complaining saying they should have more people working here. I told her I didn't mind waiting because its my favorite grocery store to shop and I save a ton of money. I figure that's why the store is so busy. Being busy is a good thing.  


Where I work we strive to give the best customer service that we can give. We have goals we have to make and making the customer happy helps us to make these goals.

My co-workers are great, we are like family. We all sit in the break room and talk about some of the unique people that we deal with on a day to day basis. It makes for some great laughter from time to time, isn't life great?

Thanks for reading,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment