Thursday, October 6, 2016

Christmas In October!

I had a customer come in the other day and ask me where the Christmas stuff was. I was kind of shocked. We are now putting out all of the Christmas stuff.
 
I use to love Christmas especially when my children were little. I was a stay at home mom when my children were little and I do not regret a moment of it. Oh trust me I worked and I worked my butt off. I had an in home day care, I took care of several other children and later when my children were a bit older I worked nights at restaurants, their dad did a fine job of taking care of them while I worked part time. All he had to do is feed them the dinner that I had cooked during the day, clean up give them a bath, read bedtime stories and put them to bed. I only worked 3 nights a week and he was a great help.
 
Working retail during the holidays is extremely stressful. The shoppers are stressed and aren't quite as nice. Our hours will increase which will hinder our time for decorating, baking, shopping and most of all, spending time with family attending Christmas events.

I try to remember and live by this quote, but sometimes I forget:

"You seriously have no idea what people are dealing with in their personal lives so just be nice it’s that simple"
  
Christmas is supposed to be a happy peaceful time. I truly think some people forget the true meaning of Christmas. Sure it's nice to buy your family and friends nice presents, but it shouldn't be a chore, a Christmas gift is something that should come from the heart.

I'm blessed to have a job and I will get into the Christmas spirit, but not in October. The Fa la la la la la la la, I'm dreaming of a white Christmas and here comes Santa Claus will be playing through out the day and I will be thinking, yes this will be a good holiday season.
 
After work I will go home, walk Jodie, have a glass of wine and pray for spring.


Thanks for reading,
 


No comments:

Post a Comment